Audit & Accounts Assistant Manager
Salary up to £55,000
My client is a 2 Partner, progressive smaller accountancy firm, who has acquired a smaller practice in Hampshire a few years ago. They provide a full range of professional services to both UK based and international clients. They also offer corporate finance advice on areas from start-ups, flotations, management buyouts, refinancing and selling businesses, which the firm has been involved in.
About the role:
This is an all round role, where you will be involved in all aspects of accounting and audit processes. Your role will include, but won't be limited to:
- Reviewing audit and taking a lead role in larger audits;
- Reviewing accounts, preparation files alongside statutory financial statements and providing feedback to staff;
- Preparing trial balances from client records, preparing corporation tax computations, and preparing the financial statements for companies, partnerships and sole traders in compliance with the Companies Act or relevant legislation;
- Reviewing quarterly VAT returns;
- Assisting with a varied range of services on an ad hoc basis within the team;
- Supervising and training the accounts team to ensure accounts are prepared on a timely basis.
- ACA qualified with at least 4 years PQE gained in an accountancy practice in a similar role, my client, however would consider a nearly qualified ACA, too;
- Conversant with Microsoft Office;
- Confident and proactive personality, someone who can work with no or very little supervision;
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
Please, note: only candidates coming straight from practice will be considered with solid experience in the above.