|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
Business Analyst - Credit Risk Portfolio
£50,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
They are a highly successful, fast growing bank who provide specialised lending to businesses and individuals. Their business offering includes asset finance, bridging finance, commercial property finance, development finance and specialised business loans.
This is a new wide ranging role and covers a wide range of areas including analysis, project work, MI work, credit management, model development, credit risk monitoring and asset recovery. Responsibilities include assisting the Head of Credit and the Credit Managers in:-
- Developing and improving credit risk rating models as well as reviewing Credit Risk Rating models to ensure they are performing effectively;
- Identifying and report on trends appearing in credit risk;
- Establishing a methodology of ascertaining approximate default and loss rates using the Bank's internal data or through sourcing equivalent external data;
- Creating reports to identify movements in credit risk;
- Analysing MI and reporting upon trends appearing in credit risk;
- Providing initial input and opinion on individual credit propositions in order to structure the deal to mitigate risk, ensure adequate reward and avoid time being wasted on inappropriate proposals;
- Assisting in the sanctioning, drawdown and in-life monitoring responsibilities within the Credit Department;
- Assisting in the renewal/extension of loans;
- Assisting with the management of the recovery of any impaired assets and provide input to Senior
- Management to assist in determining recovery strategy and actions to be taken;
- Maintaining accurate information on databases and the preparation of reports to senior management when needed.
In order to be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria
- Educated to degree standard and excellent numeracy skills.
- Experience should include exposure to understanding of debt, lending and modelling gained via consultancy, audit or a risk department.
- Proficient with both Microsoft Word and Excel programmes.
- Good written/report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate accurately, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst paying attention to detail.
- A team player able to work with limited supervision.