|Location:||North West England, England|
Compliance & Legal
|Salary:||£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits|
|Job Published:||almost 4 years ago|
My client is looking for a Compliance Risk Officer to join their award winning bank located in the North West of England.
The client is welcoming applications from both experienced candidates and graduates looking for an opportunity to enter the world of banking.
The bank's overarching policy is to manage compliance proactively and to ensure that the bank, its customers and its employees will be protected and that the regulator is satisfied with the bank's compliance systems and controls. The overall responsibility for the bank's systems and controls to meet or exceed required regulatory standard rests with the Compliance and Risk department.
The department plays an essential role in the bank by ensuring the implementation of appropriate systems and control procedures relevant to the bank, as well as overseeing the bank's compliance with various anti money laundering, counter terrorist financing and anti-bribery/corruption requirements. As a result, this is an excellent opportunity for any individual that is looking for a challenging and varied position which if achieved successfully could bring fantastic career prospects.
- Support the Head of Compliance as and when required on specific activities and projects;
- Produce reports and returns which may involve detailed research and analysis from within and outside the unit;
- Undertake specific tasks within set terms of reference and defined processes;
- To work with each department and the various business units to provide support, advice and guidance on appropriate compliance framework, policies and procedures, which will facilitate the business in identifying, assessing and managing compliance risk within the business, meeting the standards set and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all compliance principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively communicated;
- Through regular and appropriate business involvement ensure all compliance work is carried out to the required level of competence as set out by legal and regulatory requirements in order to comply with generally accepted principles of compliance and supporting the strategic operating requirements of the division;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the internal stakeholders
- Regularly review and keep up to date with changes in regulatory, legislative and market practices that impact the business;
- Strong understanding of all regulations that impact the business
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to undertake a variety of analysis and maintain accuracy and quality.
- Strong report writing skills.
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills.
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
If you feel you meet the necessary requirements, I look forward to hearing from you!
Sorry, this job is no longer available