Deskiside Support Engineer
£24,000 - £25,000
My client are a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise - funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services.
In this role you will be responsible for providing end user hardware, software and infrastructure support. You will work closely with the End User Support Team to provide second line operational support and ensure timely and efficient resolution of incidents and service requests.
- Efficient and effective delivery of second line operational support including (but not limited to) desktop and client support, local server and network support, desk-side delivery and training of end users
- Collect and maintain accurate, detailed information about all support tickets assigned to you in the ITSM tool to provide relevant information to other IT support teams and facilitate effective service management reporting
- Own and resolve tickets raised via the Service Desk using the incident management and request fulfillment processes
- Proactively support the investigation of problems and help identify workarounds, fixes and root causes. Implement solutions as agreed with the End User Support Manager and Problem Management Team
- Manage user relationships and engage with the Service Delivery Team and third party providers as required
- Excellent understanding and awareness of technology
- Good understanding and awareness of ITIL tools and processes
- Demonstrable experience of providing support in a similar role
- Customer focused
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills