The role will be to provide regulatory and technical advice and expertise on all compliance issues relating to Asset Management.
The successful candidate will be expected to identify existing and emerging regulatory and compliance risks and ensure they are appropriately managed. They will also be responsible for providing compliance advice and day-to-day compliance oversight to the business.
As the candidate will assume the CF10 position they will need an understanding of the key compliance risks relating to to the client and will work closely with the Central Compliance and Compliance Monitoring functions in order to co-ordinate and align responsibilities; thereby providing an effective compliance service to the Asset Management business.
Success in this role will be measured through your ability to ensure that regulatory requirements are clearly defined and implemented throughout the client in a manner that is proportionate and cost-effective, that new regulatory compliance requirements are implemented when due, that regulatory risk to the client is minimised through maintenance of robust systems and controls; minimising the likelihood of material FCA rule breaches occurring; and that the client receives satisfactory outcomes of any reviews initiated by the FCA.
The size of the firm provides for an interesting and varied role which requires a hands on approach and interaction with the wider client's UK group.
You will report to the CEO of the client and be directly responsible for managing the Compliance Team (currently 1 other member).
Skills and experience
The successful candidate is likely to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Extensive financial services industry experience, preferably within Asset Management
- Degree level (preferred)
- Professional Compliance/Regulatory Qualification (or related Industry Qualification e.g. Post Graduate Diploma/Diploma in Compliance or Investment Management Certificate/Chartered Financial Analyst)
- Extensive experience in a senior level Compliance role (in-house or consultancy).
- Proven record of working in accordance with all regulatory, compliance and conduct risk policies.
- Proven experience of contributing to strategy and operational plans in a regulated environment.
- Direct experience of dealing with the FCA
- Mentoring/coaching staff
- Proven understanding of the regulatory environment, particularly FCA systems & controls and conduct of business regulation (especially suitability).
- Strong appreciation of Compliance and Conduct Risk and how these are embedded within a business.
- Highly Ethical and principled, analytical and diligent.
- Self-motivated, well organised and proactive.
- Good communication skills.
In return for the above my client offers a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to join an established and forward thinking organisation.