Reporting to the head of UK Compliance this role will provide compliance monitoring for the client in relation to its sales and investment business including asset management, wealth management, treasury, structured products, credit and investment advisory to ensure compliance with the appropriate FCA rules and requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring that independent monitoring across the client's subsidiaries is effective and ensures compliance with the appropriate regulatory requirements. You will ensure that regular and systemic monitoring reviews take place which identify and assess regulatory risks and recommend any solutions to ensure that regulatory requirements are being met by the business.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Identify, monitor, assess and manage compliance risks
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the regulator - FCA, PRA and any other relevant bodies
- Through compliance monitoring ensure that a robust culture of compliance exists across the client and its subsidiaries
- Provide guidance in the design and implementation of operational procedures so as to remediate any regulatory, conduct and reputational risks discovered during monitoring reviews
- Assist in the investigation and address of any customer complaints in conjunction with the Legal team.
- Monitor of Financial Promotions and Investment Documentation to ensure that it is clear, fair and not misleading and is suitable for the target client base.
- As requested assist in reporting to the client's board, risk and audit committees.
- Manage staff in the performance of responsibilities and duties.
In addition to the above the Head of Compliance Monitoring will also have responsibility for the following:
- Liaise with the regulatory investment compliance team, Financial Crime Compliance teams to ensure that the teams are adequately resourced and suitability equipped to address compliance and regulatory risks and changes.
- Ensure that applicable staff are FCA and PRA registered and are adhering to the T and C regime
- Monitoring of the staff dealing log
- Monitoring compliance training
- monitoring compliance manual and that all such processes and procedures are up to date..
To be considered for this position the ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced in the financial services regulatory environment and monitoring compliance with the relevant local and global regulatory requirements ideally in private banking services/investment management and/or broking.
- Ability to deal proactively with senior management as well as regulatory bodies.
- Ability to identify and assess risks and proactively work with various areas to find solutions.
- Experience of managing a team and training and developing staff
In exchange for the above my client is offering a competitive remuneration and benefits package and the opportunity to join a leading private bank at an exciting phase of their growth.