|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£45000 - £60000 per annum|
|Job Published:||almost 5 years ago|
* Carrying out ongoing projects on a day-to-day basis.
* If aware of a system or service where others would benefit from your knowledge, ensure suitable documentation is provided
* Knowledge of scripting tools, e.g. PowerShell
* Knowledge of defined and undefined functions
* Understand triggers
* Basic understanding of SAN environments (EMC Symmetrix, IBM XIV), geo-clustering, BCV and SRDF
* Some exposure to database design (including normalisation/de-normalisation)
* Some exposure to design tools (such as Team Foundation Studio, )
* Be used to working on large and small scale projects
* Basic understanding of .NET environments
* Reasonable understanding of Networking
* Expected to achieve a good understanding of how helpdesk calls should be processed and escalated when necessary
Path Description and Position Summary
Develop logical database designs, data models and relational database definitions across multiple computing environments. Design, test, implement, maintain
Analyzes application requirements and develops conceptual, logical & first-cut physical database designs (data models). Creates associated data model documentation such as entity and attribute definitions and formats.
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
* Analyzes and designs data models, logical databases, and relational database definitions in the data modeling tool using both forward and backward engineering techniques.
* Provides data element naming consistent with standards and conventions and ensures that data dictionaries are maintained across multiple database environments.
* Consults with database administration and client areas in resolving questions during the translation to a physical database design.
* Uses in-depth knowledge of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies.
Shared Values and Core Competencies (required for all roles).
* Client Focus: Putting the client at the centre of all that we do
* Integrity: Acting with the highest ethical standards for our company, our employees and our clients
* Teamwork: Fostering collaboration and diversity to empower employees to build relationships and deliver insights
* Excellence: Setting the standard for leading-edge solutions, innovation and continuous improvement
* Enhancing Organizational Talent
* Embracing Change
* Client Orientation
* Developing Partnerships
* Driving For Results
* Decision Making
* Global Awareness
Sorry, this job is no longer available