Market Risk Analyst
£55000 - £75000 + Bonus + Benefits
ABOUT THE COMPANY
They are a fast growing proprietary trading organisation with offices in London and the Far East, executing a diverse range of strategies across global equity and derivatives markets contributing significant liquidity to many European markets. They have a high performance culture which is collaborative and highly rewarding.
Joining its Market Risk team, you will assist in building and supporting the risk management processes across all business units. You will build close working relationships with traders, developers, control functions, investor relations and committees as well as be a key liaison point with service providers
The role includes:
- Track and understand on a daily basis, performance and risk drivers across business units and trading strategies
- Continuous tracking of pre and post-trade risk constraints.
- Vary the existing risk management setup to deal with new products/risks/strategies/regulations.
- Propose and action framework/methodology/tooling/reporting enhancements.
- Provide risk/performance information to various internal clients, handling both high-level summaries and detailed drilldowns.
- Document frameworks/processes.
- Maintaining market/reference data quality and validate risk/performance result accuracy.
- Identify efficiency gains, process improvements.
- Ensure that the risk team is highly regarded within and is seen as a trusted and valued partner/advisor to the business.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- The candidate will have risk/quantitative experience from either a trading firm, fund or investment bank. Project experience, good communication skills and attention to detail are required.
- 3 to 5 years experience as a risk/quantitative analyst, gained from working within a fund, trading firm or investment bank.
- Knowledge of market risk characteristics of equities and listed derivatives products, including relevant practical statistics/mathematics.
- Knowledge of risk/performance drivers of equity arbitrage strategies (event-driven, relative-value, delta-one, stat-arb, index-arb, rebalance-arb, quant and fundamental long-short).
- Able to design suitable, approximate metrics to quantify risk in a portfolio while balancing accuracy, robustness, calculation speed, market data needs and ongoing maintenance effort.
- Experience in data analysis/modelling/simulation.
- Experience in tool building/maintenance including automation of data sourcing/validation/reporting/monitoring/alerts.
- Knowledge of Excel with VBA (tool building, data manipulation, interaction with databases and APIs, reporting, alerts) .
- Working knowledge of SQL and one of R, Python, Matlab.
- Genuine interest in risk management and appetite for learning.