Credit Risk Analyst (6 months contract)
£60,000 (pro rated) + bonus + benefits
They are a major investment manager group with AUM of over £100 billion. They are highly regarded and have a strong employee involvement and a culture of fostering career development and employee participation. They are currently engaged on an expansion path and have ambitions to be amongst the top 4 investment management groups in Europe. The current position has arisen due to the promotion of a team member.
The role reports to the Global Head of Counterparty Credit Risk. The role includes the following:
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc credit risk analysis on cash securities, OTC derivatives, Securities Lending / Repos and Central Clearing Counterparties.
- Provide sound and independent written credit opinion on financial institutions acting as counterparties,
- Perform credit due diligences, analysis and ratings on a portfolio of new and existing Bank and non-Bank counterparties,
- Interact with clients, trading desks, operations on transaction approvals,
- Negotiate credit documents and collateral terms with the Legal Department and other external parties,
- Contribute to the development and testing of credit rating, macro-economic and market-condition models,
- Prepare material for Derivatives and Credit Oversight Committee,including credit memos on specific counterparties, presentation of monthly global exposures,
- Assist in the development of existing policies and procedures, quantitative models and current practices.
Who They Are Looking For
Candidates should be able to demonstrate relevant credit analysis and counterparty risk experience obtained within a financial institution, preferably an Investment Bank, Brokerage firm, Asset Manager or Rating Agency analyst program.
- 2-5 years' experience as credit analyst in a Bank or other financial institution,
- Strong understanding of capital markets, financial statement analysis, economic risk factors and varying banking business models,
- Familiar with application of Through-The-Cycle and Point-In-Time credit models,
- Sound grasp of funding profile risk, illiquid risk assets, consolidating off-balance-sheet assets into bank's capital structures and economically adjusting equity capital,
- Understanding of PD, LGD and EAD core principals,
- Keep up to date and knowledge of regulation, including centrally cleared derivatives
- Strong knowledge of derivative products (Listed and OTC)
- Confidence to articulate analyses to a broad range of stakeholders through a variety of formats,
- Awareness of methodology limitations along with initiative to expand and develop existing models.
- Adaptability and project management: Track record of initiatives in undertaking project work and exceeding required outcomes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: communicates effectively to all levels of seniority, obtains buy-in through effective use of influencing skills. Teamwork: works effectively as part of a team and shares knowledge with others. Ability to receive and give constructive feedback on processes, procedures and work relationships.
- Analytical Thinking: ability to approach problems from a broad perspective and construct analytical frameworks to develop hypotheses leading to reasoned conclusions.
- Computer literacy and programming: effective used of in-house systems, Microsoft systems, incl. VBA, Bloomberg.