AML Compliance - VP
£60000 - £70000 + bonus + Benefits
The role sits within the London branch of the corporate banking arm of a global banking group who have a primary focus on lending, financing and treasury activities. They have a new role within their independent Compliance function.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Legal & Compliance, the main duties and responsibilities of this role include the following:
- To be a key member of the Financial Crime team which is the focal point within the bank for the oversight of all activity relating to anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) and the mitigation of other financial crime risks, including but not limited to, bribery and corruption and financial sanctions.
- To monitor compliance with bank's AML/CTF and other relevant financial crime risk management policies - this may include onboarding, screening and rolling reviews of clients, and the review of transaction monitoring and AML system alerts.
- To assist the Financial Crime team as it takes reasonable steps to establish and maintain adequate arrangements for awareness and training of staff who handle, or are managerially responsible for the handling of, transactions which may involve money laundering or other financial crime risks.
- To identify regulatory trends and developments relating to financial crime that may impact bank's business and work with the MLRO to implement policy and control changes
- To assist with the preparation of regular management
- To assist in the review and assessment of reports of suspicious activity and the filing of any reports required to regulatory bodies.
- To assist in responding promptly to any reasonable request for information made by any regulatory or law enforcement agency.
- To assist with the management of queries from stakeholders on AML/CFT and sanctions and other financial crime risks.
- You will partner with your investment bank and Bank Legal & Compliance colleagues to ensure that the combined team works closely together so that at all times all necessary legal and compliance services are provided to an acceptable and professional level, to both the investment bank and Bank.
- You may be required to provide compliance support, including monitoring and advisory activities, in respect of the wider Bank/ investment bank Legal & Compliance function.
- You will have responsibilities to both investment bank and Bank under the dual hatting
- Working terms are dictated by the terms of the Dual-Hat Agreement in place between the investment bank and corporate bank and any other relevant agreements entered into between the investment bank and corporate bank. You are responsible for identifying, if possible resolving, and escalating conflict to Management.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate (or equivalent industry experience) and good experience in institutional investment corporate banking business.
- Experience of general KYC processes, transaction reporting and MI prep experience. Minimum 18 months experience required
- Good experience as a KYC analyst, QA specialism or other AML/CFT relevant role.
- Good understanding of the FCA regime and financial services/ AML / CFT legislation and an ability to apply that knowledge.
- An understanding of operational controls within the overall internal control structure of securities companies/ investment banks.
- Some experience in providing advice to the business on a range of issues and planning and executing compliance monitoring reviews, including the identification and reporting of issues
- Strong desire to achieving quality results and a client centric approach.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively (written and oral) with stakeholders of differing levels of seniority.