Senior Financial Crime Lead
To £80,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits + Share Options
They are an innovative start-up Fintech company set up to innovate and disrupt the existing mortgage market by offering an AI driven technology platform which speed up processes and provide better automation within the mortgage market and provides data rich underwriting decisions capabilities as well as offering tailored products geared to the applicant. Their platform will revolutionise the mortgage market.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Significant experience in a financial crime role, preferably in the mortgage industry;
- Previous experience as an MLRO or a Deputy MLRO:
- Relevant financial crime qualifications;
- Knowledge and experience of financial crime analytics;
- Experience in investigating fraudulent transactions;
- Reporting to and liaison with the FCA, NCA and/or OFSI.
- Passionate about using technology.
The successful candidate may also have:
- Experience in performing AML, KYC and transaction monitoring reviews;
- Previous experience with SIRA and /or National Hunter;
- Experience in Compliance, preferably in the mortgage industry.
The company are looking for an experienced individual to play a key role in identifying financial crime risks to the business and enhancing their risk assessment methodologies. The role responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the identification, investigation and prevention of fraudulent transactions, and translate these into rules for the lending decision system.
- Take responsibility for operating the firm's financial crime processes, systems and controls for asset and liability deals checking for and investigating sanction and PEP alerts.
- Ensuring that the company's financial crime prevention arrangements are consistent with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Assisting to manage and deliver all financial crime controls, while providing advice, guidance and support to staff in all areas of financial crime prevention.
- Act as Deputy MLRO in designing, developing, and delivering the Financial Crime framework, systems, and controls. This framework includes anti money laundering (AML), Counter-terrorist financing (CTF), anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and anti-fraud systems & controls Financial crime training and financial crime projects.