£18,000 - £26,000 + Study Support + Benefits
London - City
The company are a well established global proprietary trading firm that operates around the clock, employing over 400 people in their offices in New York, London and Hong Kong with an entrepreneurial driven culture. They have a deep understanding of international markets with a scientific approach using innovative technology to trade in the competitive financial markets, primarily focusing on equities and equity derivatives. The environment is informal, intellectual and fun. You can wear a t-shirt and jeans to the office every day, the kitchen is stocked full of free food there's a gym onsite as well as many other benefits and discussions are always lively. Teaching and learning are central activities through classes, mentoring and discussion.
They are seeking a candidate who wants to be challenged in a changing environment and is a curious, intellectual who desires to grown in the organisation. The role is primarily accounts payable with the opportunity to evolve to work with a variety of projects. Experience in accounts payable is preferable but a bright and suitable candidate would be considered.
This role is an entry level role within the accounting function for someone who desires to be in a challenging, constantly changing environment full of smart and intellectually curious people and who wants to develop their skill set. The position has the potential to evolve into working on a variety of projects that affect different parts of the firm though the role is primarily Accounts Payable oriented. Initially the role will consist of the following:
- Maintenance of invoice register and processing of all supplier invoices into business system promptly and accurately
- Ensuring invoices are approved following the process before processing payment
- Control, Approval and Payment of staff expense
- Raising billing disputes with suppliers and follow up within the contractual time limit to resolve the disputes
- Ensure supplier payments are prepared on a weekly basis
- Update the cash flow forecast on a weekly basis with accounts payable information
- Ensuring the regular reconciliation of statements with suppliers, maintaining good working relationships and taking action quickly to resolve differences.
- Help drive process improvement and new systems/processes through the organisation
- Review old unmatched and debit items and prepare and circulate weekly aged creditor's analysis.
- Making sure all processes are compiled to Group accounting policy
- Other tasks as briefed by the manager.
Who They Are Looking for
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have had at least one years experience within an accounts orientated role/office structure.
- Part qualified ACCA/ACA (at least 2 exams completed) or AAT or finance/mathematical based university degree or very good academics
- Intellectual and driven individual who seeks to continue study and grow within the company
- Have experience with Excel
- Strong organisational skills