Business Planning and Analysis Manager - Central London
Salary up to £45,000
My client is a well known publisher, based in Central London. They are looking for a Business Planning and Analysis Manager, who ill be overseeing the preparation of the management accounts and to assist the Directors to make informed decisions about the business.
Your role will encompass, but won't be limited to:
- Taking responsibility for overseeing the preparation of the management accounts;
- Understanding and comment on variances to budget, forecast and prior year;
- Supporting senior managers in reviewing financial performance;
- Leading the financial budget and forecasting process;
- Managing the Assistant Management Accountant;
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the year-end supporting working papers and additional analysis for the audit file and tax computations;
- Ad hoc requests and analysis from Financial Controller, Chief Financial Officer and Business Directors.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified accountant;
- Strong technical accounting skills;
- Strong finance systems knowledge, including system implementation - specifically, knowledge of Sage K3 and Qlikview report-writing skills are essential;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel especially using Vlookup, pivot tables etc;
- Ability to quickly learn how the business works and then use that knowledge to sense-check numbers produced in the accounts;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- A team player who understands the bigger picture and impact of decisions.
Please, only apply if you are fully qualified for the above description.