Compliance Front Office Liaison
£45000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a dynamic, ambitious global banking and brokerage group employing over 2000 people worldwide with businesses in the UK, Europe, Far-East, North and South America. They have a new role within their Compliance department in London. The role is responsible for certain businesses in London, Europe and Far East and North America.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
It is essential to meet the following criteria:
* Educated to Degree-level and able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the purpose of risk management and compliance;
* Technical knowledge of FX financial instruments, hedging, trading and OTC derivatives in general;
* Must have a good all round knowledge of front and back office operations, practices, products, including industry practices, market regulations and conventions, policies and procedures;
* Understanding of practical implementation obligations resulting from MiFID II, MiFIR, PSR & EMIR rules and guidance.
* High standard of oral & written English is mandatory
* CISI UK Financial Regulation & Derivatives exam (desirable)
* Compliance exams (desirable);
* Current CPD Log - 35 hours.
* Fluency in other European languages (e.g. Spanish, Dutch, French, Luxembourgish etc.) is desirable.
* Understanding of back office gained prior to moving into compliance or a background in law highly desirable
The Compliance Department is responsible for ensuring the firm operates in compliance with its regulatory obligations and has systems and controls for the prevention of financial crime. The department is responsible for regulatory compliance and advice, financial crime and due diligence and also legal compliance risk. The Department seeks to educate the wider business about legal, regulatory and financial crime risks and requirements. The ultimate goal of the Department is to develop and implement scalable solutions that are not dependent on manual intervention. The Department's aim is to educate the business about regulatory risks and requirements, ensuring the firm avoids conduct or cultural failings, enforcement action, fines and reputational damage to the firm and/or its employees and greater legal and regulatory scrutiny. This role which reports to the Regulatory Compliance Manager, is a Code of Conduct (COCON) role. The Compliance function has responsibility for FCA reporting, management reporting, risk assessment and development of a risk-based monitoring programme, advisory responsibilities including providing support for staff training and providing day-to-day assistance for front office staff, participating in the establishment of new policies and procedures. The Compliance Front Office Liaison acts as the first point of contact for general regulatory compliance queries for the business, day-to-day provision of compliance advice and guidance.
* Build relationships with the front office to enhance their awareness of regulatory obligations
* Build awareness of the firm's relevant processes and procedures to ensure the front office understand their obligations as the first line of defence
* Work alongside other members of the Compliance team to develop a robust
* monitoring/testing plan, making the most effective use of resources
* Execute compliance reviews
* Provide classroom-style training on relevant topics to the Front Office
* Monitor Front Office activities in general for conduct and adherence to rules, analysis of issues identified, escalate where necessary and agree actions to address
* Test controls to make sure the business is operating in a compliant manner
* Provide MI on surveillance, liaison and training activities
* Provide input and assist with testing and the development of new systems
* Provide support to the Compliance team in new project work driven by the changing regulatory environment
* Assign company-wide Compliance e-learning and policy attestations
* Collaborate with team to ensure that policies and procedures accurately reflect practice