|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Director, UK Institutional Sales
£120000 - £130000 + attractive bonus potential + benefits
They are the London based operation of a global asset management firm with over $200 billion assets under management. The company is undergoing rapid expansion particularly within the UK Fiduciary Management market and this is a new hire to take advantage of this growth with direct engagement with institutional investors.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
In order to be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum CFA Level 1 - ESMA Giving Advice
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of UK Pension Fund market dynamics, and investors' needs.
- Strong technical understanding of pension schemes' investment objectives, factors which influence this, and the types of investment strategies which could help them achieve their objectives.
- Understanding the range of parties associated with decision making at pension schemes, and their perspectives, motivations and agendas.
- Strong understanding of competitor landscape, knowledge of the industry and existing contact base.
- Proven track record in developing pipeline and achieving financial sales targets
- Excellent presentation skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, highly motivated, self-driven to generate leads, develop opportunities, able to manage the whole sales process and effectively closes deals
- It would be very useful to have previous experience Risk mitigation products (LDI, so candidates need to understand derivatives (swaps, repos, etc.)) and also Return generation products (asset classes, including synthetic protection strategies, and private markets).
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales you will be tasked to deliver new business sales in line with specific AUM and net revenue targets. In order to do this, you will be responsible for designing and executing the plan to achieve business targets, including generating new leads, progressing opportunities through the pipeline and leading the team at finals presentations. In order to succeed you will be expected to closely collaborate with the sales channels to maximise the chance of success. Additionally, this role involves supporting the wider EMEA group in the successful achievement of corporate-level new business goals. This may also include mentoring more junior associates within the institutional team.
- You will have a wide variety of exposure to different internal business areas, including various investment division teams as well as global marketing. This will include close collaboration the pre-sales with the relevant sales channels, as well as specific members of the wider corporation during the sales process. Post-sales, you will have close collaboration during hand over to the client on-boarding team, fiduciary management client team, relationship management team. Ongoing communication with compliance, risk and legal, product and investment division.
- You will formulate with others investment strategy, suitability of certain types of investments, investment decisions, pricing of specific mandates, deciding the proposed client teams for new business pitches.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance.
- Play a lead role in new business efforts and RFP responses for fiduciary management.
- Evolve and develop a concise persuasive articulation of capabilities to match client and prospect needs.
- Act as a primary point of contact for Fiduciary Management enquiries and requests.
- Execute plan to achieve business targets.
- Contribute to formulating and developing the Fiduciary Management proposition.
- Ensure that the breadth of experience available (e.g. managing portfolios and overlay services) is reflected in the solutions provided and recommended to clients.
- Work with business operations team to engage with internal Investments teams improve the quality and competitiveness of the product offering and promote the Company's reputation and brand in the market place.
- You will be involved in business development by new lead generation and building pipeline, progressing opportunities through the pipeline and then leading the team finals presentations
- Ensure CRM (and other relevant MIS systems) are kept up to date and use insights from CRM to shape pipeline
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Business Development Executive - FX / Payments
Location: London, England
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + Commission + Benefits
Financial Accountant: Product Control
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Fund Manager Research Analyst
Location: London, England
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits