To £60000 + good bonus possibility + benefits
They are an independent, long established investment and wealth management firm with a strong reputation. They are highly regarded within the industry, having won many awards and have an excellent brand and client loyalty as well as strong plans to expand their client base. Due to business expansion, they are looking for an additional Equity Analyst to join their centralised Equity Research team. This role will suit someone who has a passion for equity investment, sectors and stock picking. The main focus will be stock selection within the UK equity market although there is also an increasing investment in international equities within the group's funds. Investment is predominantly based on long term quality investment. The culture of the business is highly collegiate. Within the Equity Research team, debate on stock selection is lively and team work is central to the team's success within the business.
Reporting to the Head of Equity Research, you will join a small four person team supporting the equity selection process
- Generate stock ideas and make recommendations to the Stock Selection Committee
- Maintain research on Recommended and Covered stocks - commentary on results and research notes summarising the investment case
- Deep dive analysis of stocks
- Provide guidance to investment managers including supplying high quality fact sheets
- Host and write up meetings with company management
- Carry out sector and thematic equity research and write understandable reports
- Focus on UK equities across sectors, but some overseas experience an advantage
- Liaise with investment managers, answering questions and advising on stocks
- Present on stock ideas and news at the weekly investment meeting
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent role you should be passionate about investment and articulating ideas and enjoy working in a team. You must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors Degree and CFA Level 2 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years+ of investment experience working in an Equity Analysis role at a wealth management, buy-side or sell-side firm.
- Experience of equity analysis and stock picking within the UK sector and multi sector experience
- Strong understanding of company analysis and reports and accounts
- Financial modelling experience and also experience with FactSet/Bloomberg or similar
- Attention to detail, proactive, efficient and organised.
- Must enjoy team work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to take responsibility for tasks and recommendations.