Financial Analyst (Newly / Recently Qualified)
£40,000 - £50,000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
They are a dynamic Financial Institution with an international presence. With their continuous expansion, they are searching for bright, newly qualified, talented individuals to join their team; which has a hardworking, innovative and friendly culture. This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to learn, understand, have a voice, add value and enhance your core skills - the team is looking to train and support you through this transition into industry with potential options for progression as the firm continues to grow, along with participation in project management roles over time.
The firm is looking for a newly / recently qualified accountant to work with closely with the Financial & Insurance Reporting Controller in an innovative, motivated and driven team. This opportunity has a fluid structure and very much dependent on how the business develops.
- Part of the Senior Finance and IT team
- The role is not intended to be fully defined, but fluid depending on the peaks and troughs which occur in the business throughout the regular weeks and months. Key aspects are not restricted to:
- Production and consolidation of individual office and group management accounts.
- Management reporting and financial analysis
- Process design and implementation
- The monthly processing of subsidiary bordereau (written, claims and payment).
- To provide regular and ad-hoc reporting on the performance of the group from an underwriting perspective
- General ad-hoc duties including supporting the year end process for financial reporting.
- The role will involve working with many IT systems and programs.
- Key interactions will also be with senior managers and Directors within the businesses and also the Group.
- Support the Team in various regular tasks (month ends, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, report writing, etc.)
- Processing of monthly bordereau and insurance payments (premium and claims)
- Analysis and resolution of queries from insurers
- Ad-Hoc Reporting/Project Work
Who they are looking for:
To be considered for the above role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant from a Top 20 firm (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA) - newly qualified (<12 months)
- 'A' Levels (3 B's minimum)
- GCSE Maths and English (grade A)
- Strong Excel skills (nested VLOOKUP's, data manipulation, pivot tables etc.)
- A talent for analytical thinking, motivated and resilient, working within a high pressure environment