Investment / Market Risk Analyst
£50,000 + bonus + benefits
Who They Are
They are a global investment management group with AUM of over £250 billion. They are higly regarded and offer excellent employee engagement as well as good career paths
Due to an internal move, a position has arisen within their highly regarded Investment Risk team. You will focus on the equity portfolios, undertaking statistical, sensitivity and holdings based analysis to understand the risk profile of its equity strategies.
- Production and analysis of in-depth investment risk reports
- Provision of regular written summaries, spotlighting any risk or potential risk issues
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the relevant Investment process.
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant markets and market / company issues.
- Liaise with the front office on any relevant issues and on market events.
- Development of the reporting and the reporting tools necessary. Working with the quantitative resource to achieve this.
- Monitoring all relevant regulatory/client limits.
- Resolving all day-to-day system and data issues and help on the development of the system.
- Assist with ad hoc analytical requests from all parts of the business (including the front office) and committees.
- Develop and maintain documentation of all relevant processes across investment risk.
- Additional regulatory reporting where appropriate
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Degree educated and strong mathematical or statistical background evidenced by degree or secondary education
- One - three years experience of the asset / investment management industry or wider financial services industry
- Advanced level spreadsheet and database skills (VBA or coding an advantage)
- A good knowledge of investment process and strategy across asset classes is advantageous
- Knowledge of traded instruments advantageous
- The ability to apply risk techniques across and within asset classes
- A knowledge or good understanding of investment risk methodologies advantageous