|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||about 3 years ago|
£45000 - 50000 + good bonus possibility + benefits
THE COMPANY They are an independent, long established investment and wealth management firm with a strong reputation. They are highly regarded within the industry, having won many awards and have an excellent brand and client loyalty as well as strong plans to expand their client base. Due to business expansion, they are looking for an additional Equity Analyst to join their centralised Equity Research team. This role will suit someone who has a passion for equity investment, sectors and stock picking. The main focus will be on UK equity markets although there is also an increasing investment in international equities within the group's funds. Investment is predominantly based on long term quality investment. The culture of the business is highly collegiate. Within the Equity Research team, debate on stock selection is lively and team work is central to the team's success within the business.
Reporting to the Head of Equity Research, you will join a small four person team supporting the equity selection process
- Generate stock ideas and make recommendations to the Stock Selection Committee
- Host and write up meetings with company management
- Carry out sector and thematic equity research and write understandable reports
- Focus on equities across several sectors, with international equity experience a major advantage
- Present on stock ideas and news at the weekly investment meeting
- Seek to generate outperformance and secure buy-in of ideas
- Maintain research on Recommended and Covered stocks - commentary on results and research notes summarising the investment case
- Deep dive analysis of stocks
- Provide guidance to investment managers including supplying high quality fact sheets
- Focus on UK equities across sectors, but circa 20% investment in Non-UK equities.
- Liaise with investment managers, answering questions and advising on stocks
- Assist with key client meetings and pitches
- Share and develop ideas, listen and consult with colleagues and build and maintain professional service to meet the needs of clients and external contacts.
- Act as an advocate of and ambassador for the central research process and stock ideas
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent role for a an equity analyst who is Passionate about investment and articulating ideas and enjoy working in a team. You must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors Degree and CFA Level 2 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years+ of investment experience working in an Equity Analysis role at a wealth management, buy-side or sell-side firm.
- Experience of equity analysis and stock picking within the UK sector and multi sector experience, Experience of international equities would be an advantage
- Strong understanding of company analysis and reports and accounts
- Financial modelling experience and also experience with FactSet/Bloomberg or similar
- Passionate about investment and articulating ideas
- Understanding of portfolio construction, risk and suitability, as context for stock ideas