Junior Equity Research Analyst
£40,000 - 47,000 + bonus + benefit
Central London - hybrid
They are one of Europe' leading independent investment groups and manage and advise on over £40bn of investment funds and assets. One of their funds has returned over 20% per annum in the last 3 years and is one of the world's most successful long term growth investment funds with over £1.5bn under management. This role reports to the Head of Equities, himself a highly successful seasoned fund manager, and supports him and the Senior Analysts within the Equity Management team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role you must be meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level - preferably in a mathematical, business or science related discipline
- Previous experience of conducting in-depth analytic research relating to equity funds or equities
- Good understanding of company financials and advanced skills in Excel
- Passion for equity investment and excellent analytical and research skills, with an enquiring mind who will delve further into the details
- A minimun of 1 years relevant experience and a maximun of 2 years relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Methodical and meticulous - strong attention to detail
- Committed to delivery, proactive and hardworking
- Flexible - willing to work extra hours when required
- Ability to work under pressure
This role will require close and regular interaction with the wider Equity Management department. External interaction with custodians, companies the firm invests in (investor relations, senior management), potential service providers and Third Party Brokers/Analysts.
- Assist the Head of Equity Management with up-keeping of research data and other investment management projects and tasks
- Undertake ad-hoc research projects by means of written reports
- Supporting the Senior Equity Research Analysts with conducting in-depth, high quality company and industry research
- Adhering to Investment Management and Group Compliance policies and procedures, undertaking appropriate regulatory training and dealing with potential breaches of compliance policies without delay
- Assisting the Equity Management team with ad-hoc tasks and marketing material as may be necessary