Pan European Equity Analyst
£100,000 + Discretionary Bonus to 50%
Taking advantage of the new regulations affecting in house research, they are a rapidly growing London-based equity research firm offering highly differentiated, independent research. They have an innovative approach to research and a data rich and client oriented technology platform which enables them to not only outperform the competition but offer ground breaking service to clients. Their client base comprises buy-side investment firms, wealth-managers, private equity and hedge funds and other institutions seeking outperformance in the markets through access to superior insights. The company is well financed and led by experienced investment research people as well as those with leading edge technology experience. They are now looking to hire as potential partners exceptional equity analysts across all sectors to join their firm of leading analysts.
You will have full autonomy to seek out the best opportunities in the market, wherever they may be, delivering insights that have been missed by others. Your task is to conduct high quality deep seated and deep value and brutally honest research (whether it is on the long or short side) providing the opposite of maintenance research often thought to be found on the sell-side by those on the buy-side. The firm strives to set the platinum standard for research in the market with a fundamental bottom up long term orientation.
The SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 4 - 5 years experience (no maximum) at a leading buy-side or sell-side institution covering pan-European equities. We may consider exceptional candidates from outside a traditional background.
- CFA or ACA qualification or equivalent.
- Able to assess a company like a long-term owner of the business and identify key drivers.
- Able to formulate a differentiated thesis and identify what the market or consensus is missing
- Understand financial accounting and modelling (preferably familiar with the McKinsey framework)
- Able to produce unique insights from publicly available documents and filings.
- Can logically connect non-financial insights to financial impacts.
- Able to identify corporate governance and management issues and how they impact shareholder value.
- Can communicate a complex thesis in a concise, conclusion-oriented manner.
- Possesses intellectual curiosity and a desire to continue learning
- Self-starters and can work independently