Private Equity Senior Accountant - Real Estate
£55,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a global and expanding private equity firm. They have offices in over 10 international locations and work with investments across 25 countries. They are a truly international company and offer excellent career development prospects within a professional environment.
Report directly to a Director or Associate Director, you will manage a team covering a number of Private Equity Real Estate funds.
- Responsible for reviewing annual statutory accounts under US GAAP, IFRS and LUX GAAP. Timely liaison with fund controllers and auditors required to ensure deadlines for disclosing financial statements are met.
- Review monthly management accounts, analysing variances and communicating findings.
- Have oversight of the audit process and tax reporting process, ensuring that both are completed smoothly.
- Conduct second reviews at all stages of a fund's cycle directed from the LPA's. This includes drawdowns, distributions, preferred return, IRR/Carry calculations, KPI's and ad hoc tasks requested by the client.
- To be the first point of escalation for all technical queries raised by team.
- To be the first point of escalation for fund accounting queries and to ensure these are effectively managed through to resolution.
- Appraisal Manager - Provide constructive support and developmental opportunities for team in line with personal development plans to aid progression.
- Proactively identifying areas of departmental improvement and escalating to line manager suggesting appropriate courses of action
- Delegate work effectively within the team of qualified and part qualified accountants to ensure work carried out at appropriate level within deadlines whilst challenging team members. Ensure meet set KPIs.
- Responsible for hiring staff in the team.
- Involved in the accounting set up of new funds.
- Review operational processes for areas of improvement and inefficiency. Escalating such areas and suggesting remedial measures
- Liaising with senior management.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- At least 3 years post qualified Accountant or qualified by experience and strong technical knowledge of IFRS or various GAAPS.
- Strong knowledge / understanding of the Real Estate and / or Fund Administration Sector
- Strong Excel skills including understanding best practices in reviewing financial models
- Experience of providing services to multiple clients and managing client relationships
- Experience of managing teams of people and in developing individuals up to the standard required
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills with Senior Management and other internal departments
- Can do attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure