|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£70000 - £89000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Senior Operational Risk Analyst
£70,000 - £89,000 + Excellent benefits + Bonus
They are a well-known and strongly established banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and is a highly collegiate environment. Apart from a good working environment you will also play a key part in shaping the operational risk processes and profile of the bank.
Skills and Qualifications Needed
- Operational Risk experience gained within an environment where a mature operational risk process has been developed
- Relevant experience in risk management, within a financial services environment;
A working knowledge of risk management techniques, such as risk assessment or root cause analysis is advantageous;#
- Experience of incident management processes and able to use experience
- Experience of meaningful operational risk reporting and able to look at existing reporting with a fresh perspective to ensure that appropriate tools and reports exist
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience of Enterprise Wide Operational Risk and issue management solutions would be helpful from perspective of appreciation of application and operation in an Operational Risk management environment;
- Peripheral vision of how operational risk fits within the wider risk environment and a business;
- Confidence, ability to operate at multiple venues including senior management committees;
- A problem solver, a self-starter, very well organised, intellectually curious and collaborative, ability to work with minimal supervision;
You will be responsible in assisting the Deputy Head of Risk working as a member of the Operational Risk Team to support the shaping of the Operational Risk Management Framework; its implementation and maintenance. To promote the three lines of defence model and a culture of ownership and accountability for risk across the Bank. You will work with Risk Owners at all levels, Compliance and Internal Audit, External Auditors. The role will be a supportive role in Regulatory engagements as appropriate. Duties and Responsibilities:
Enhancements to the Risk Management Framework:
Support the Deputy Head of Risk to shape and implement enhancements to the Operational Risk Framework. This will include:
- Leading the review and enhancement of the Bank-wide Incident Management Process and System to enable incidents to be managed, captured and reported effectively.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to the Risk and Control Self-Assessment Process to support the maintenance of a robust control environment.
- Recommending and implementing enhancements to reporting on the Bank's operational risk profile.
Support the updating of key risk documents - such as the Risk Management Framework and the Operational Risk Policy.
Support the Deputy Head of Risk in the review of the Operational Risk Appetite Statements and metrics. Recommend changes to metrics/thresholds as appropriate.
- In parallel to the overarching improvements to the incident management process and system, lead the enterprise-wide examination of incidents reported via the Incident Management System via appropriate engagement with the business reporting, findings, lessons learned and recommendations.
- Escalate and conduct oversight of serious notifiable events in line with policy to closure.
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events or complaints to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
- Support the operational risk analyst in the on-going maintenance and monitoring of the Bank's current and emerging risks.
- Support the operational risk analyst in reviewing and challenging the first line of defence on how operational risks are identified, assessed and managed to ensure an appropriate control environment.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders, including at senior levels, to gather, assess and report key risk information.
- Working with the Operational Risk Analyst, produce a range of regular and ad-hoc risk reporting to support Committee meetings.
- Analysing identified trends in the key risk indicators reported to Management/Audit Risk and Compliance Committee
Operational Risk Team
- Acting as alternate to colleagues as required.
- Provide support on ad-hoc tasks as required
- Support the development of knowledge and understanding of operational risk within the Risk Team and the Bank.
- Training as required on operational risk issues
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Middle Office Analyst - Derivatives
Location: Paris, Île-de-France
Salary: €70000 - €80000 per annum + Bonus + Bens
Senior Shipping Specialist
Location: Moscow, Moscow Oblast
Salary: US$70000 - US$80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Fund Controller
Location: London, England
Salary: £80000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Corporate Finance Associate
Salary: US$70000 - US$90000 per annum + tax free + Bonus + Benefits
Fintech Start Up - Sales Executive
Location: London, England
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + + 0TE £100,000 - £250,000 commission