|Location:||City of London, London|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Senior Operational Risk Analyst
£80,000 - £93,000 + Excellent benefits + Bonus
Cameron Kennedy is delighted to be partnering with a well-known and strongly established banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and is a highly collegiate environment. Apart from a good working environment you will also play a key part in shaping the operational risk processes and profile of the bank who are going through significant change.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- Operational Risk experience gained within a financial services environment where a mature operational risk process has been developed
- Relevant experience in risk management, within a financial services environment;
- A working knowledge of risk management techniques, such as risk assessment or root cause analysis is advantageous;
- Experience of incident management processes and able to use experience
- Experience of meaningful operational risk reporting and able to look at existing reporting with a fresh perspective to ensure that appropriate tools and reports exist
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written - with an ability to operate at multiple venues including senior management committees
- Experience of Enterprise Wide Operational Risk and issue management solutions would be helpful from perspective of appreciation of application and operation in an Operational Risk management environment;
- Peripheral vision of how operational risk fits within the wider risk environment and a business;
- A problem solver, a self-starter, very well organised, intellectually curious and collaborative, ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Familiar with the supervisory environment (FCA/PRA) and pro-active in ensuring organisational compliance with regulatory principles and directives e.g. TCF.
- Strong team player
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to be flexible/adaptable
- Proactive, ability to take ownership of tasks/projects, able to shape projects and drive them through to completion
- Intellectual curiosity
This is a second line of defence role. Working for the Operational Risk Manager, the Senior Operational Risk Analyst will:
- Support the enhancement and maintenance the bank's Operational Risk Framework.
- Conduct oversight and challenge of the bank's key operational risks.
- Support the production of the bank's operational risk reporting.
- Promote the three lines of defence model and a culture of ownership and accountability for risk across the Bank.
Your role includes:
Support the maintenance of the Operational Risk Framework
- The bank-wide Incident Management Process and System
- The Risk and Control Self-Assessment Process (RCSA) to support the maintenance of a robust control environment.
- Supporting the Operational Risk Manager embed the key operational risk tools within the business.
- Support the maintenance of key Operational Risk documents - the Operational Risk Policy, the Incident Management Policy.
- Support the review of the Operational Risk Appetite Statements and metrics. Recommend and implement changes to statements/metrics/thresholds as appropriate.
- Conduct the examination of incidents across the bank via appropriate engagement with the business.
- Support the production of operational risk reporting for the bank's key governance committees.
- Escalate and conduct oversight of serious notifiable events.
- Perform root cause analyses on identified risk events or complaints to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
- Produce thematic analysis on incidents, as required.
- Support the identification and monitoring of current and emerging operational risks.
- Conduct review and challenge of the bank's RCSAs to ensure an appropriate operating and control environment.
- Conduct appropriate control testing.
- Recommend and help embed improvements to the process as required.
- Analyse identified trends in the key operational risk indicators.
- Recommend and support the implementation of enhancements to reporting on the Bank's operational risk profile.
- Support the development of knowledge and understanding of operational risk across the bank.
- Acting as alternate to colleagues as required.
- Provide support on ad-hoc tasks as required
- Training as required on contemporary risk issuesSupportive role in Regulatory engagements as appropriate
Nurture relationship with others (external and internal): Risk Owners at all levels; Other Control Functions (Compliance and Internal Audit); External Auditors
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Fund Manager Research Analyst
Location: London, England
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Middle Office Officer
Salary: €50000 - €60000 per annum
Location: London, England
Salary: £50000 - £200000 per annum + inclusive of commission
Business Manager - Sales & Research
Location: London, England
Salary: £65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits