- To provide legal support to key stakeholders for all aspects of the company's UK UCITS product range.
- Advise on regulatory developments affecting the company and funds/products managed or sold by them. Good working knowledge of UK UCITS Regulations, MiFID, AIFMD, PRIIPs.
- Identify and work towards minimisation of legal risk in the EMEA business and to implement, coordinate and whenever necessary manage preventive internal controls in such a way as to remain in compliance with the rules in force.
- Assist where necessary with the resolution of regulatory matters, corporate initiatives, draft and comment on contracts / agreements and any other legal work related to the company with the intention of minimising legal risk for the company or its affiliates.
- To provide general legal support to the company through working cooperatively with other members of the company's Legal, Compliance, Product, Internal Audit and Risk group worldwide.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Qualified lawyer
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant post-qualification experience
- Experience of working with a top-tier City law firm or major asset management company
- Experience of working with UK and Irish regulatory bodies
- Experience in advising product development function for UK UCITS management businesses
- Wide breadth of industry and regulatory knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of UK UCITS Regulations, FCA Handbook and Irish ETF rules
- Excellent interpersonal skills, credible and persuasive
- Ability to communicate effectively with the business at all levels, including senior management
- Problem-solving skills to think outside the box in getting the job done with a pro-active approach
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and solve complex problems
- Ability to develop effective working relations with internal clients as well as with non legally trained colleagues