Business Finance Manager
To £76000 + Bonus + (10% non-contributory pension) + Bonus + Benefits
Highly established global investment management group with over $300 billion AUM with offices in 3 global financial centres. They now have a high profile, leadership role within their finance function.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
In order to be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) or equivalent
- Significant FP&A or management reporting experience across multiple functions
- Business Partnering experience essential
- Supervisory or people management experience
- Experience of working with and influencing Executive level Stakeholders
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Advanced competency with Microsoft Excel and proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to analyse data and provide relevant financial insight
- Investment / Wealth Management industry experience preferred
- Proficiency with SAP BPC, Anaplan or other financial reporting software a plus
This role sits within the Financial Planning and Analysis & Business Finance Team reporting to the Lead of Business Finance, sits within the Business Finance team, which is primarily responsible for providing end to end financial support to Business Units, working closely with Executive Committee members and Senior Management. The team's objective is to optimise use of the firm's financial resources. This includes global business planning, implementing and adhering to financial controls and facilitating effective forward looking business decision making with commercial insight to identify opportunities to create value. The Business Finance team works closely with the FP&A team to collectively form the Global FP&A & Business Finance Team, which provides Business Partnering, Budgeting & Forecasting, Management Information and Executive level support across the firm and to various external stakeholders. With 2 direct reports supporting 6 ExCo members including the CFO you will:
- Lead end-to-end financial planning and business partnering for Operations, Corporate (including Finance), HR, Risk & Compliance and Legal & Audit
- Co-ordinate business planning and prioritisation to include expenses, Headcount / FTE, Projects
- Prepare and summarise recommendations for financial and business planning and control.
- Review and analyse business plans and operational forecasts.
- Measure business performance by working closely with specific business units to develop and analyse relevant metrics
- Conduct special financial and business related research and studies as needed.
- Lead budgetary control by:
- Reporting expenses and highlighting risks and opportunities to budgets;
- Understanding the specific drivers of cost across each team and ensuring budgets and forecasts reflect approved spend only;
- Constantly drive efficiency in process and cost management to ensure resources are efficiently utilised.
- Work closely with HR business partners to monitor and control FTE and contractors.
- Work with other global Business Finance Managers to drive improved efficiency across the team
- Encourage across team projects and collaboration
- Share resources across the team as required
- Drive improvements in systems and working practices
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.