FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (Part Time)
£40,000 - £50,000 + private health and pension
They are a highly successful private equity backed executive search firm with a focus on financial services. They have 3 offices. One is the London Head office, an office in North England and one in another European financial services hub. The role is a sole charge role although there is an administrator who does some limited sales and supplier invoice inputting. The position will fulfil someone who wishes to work 4 days a week in total. Therefore the successful candidate will demonstrate a mix of hands on accounting experience. The position reports directly to the Managing Director and is based in London with occasional travel to the northern office and the European office (very rare between 2-3 times a year). We are looking for someone who is available either immediately or can start the role by the end of November / beginning of December at the latest.
Reporting directly to Managing Director the role will involve:
- Processing/bookkeeping all financial transactions into Sage
- Production of all weekly and monthly management information for internal and external stakeholders
- Managing budgeting and forecasting (including cash flow)
- Preparation of statutory accounts (UK GAAP) and managing the year end audit
- Ongoing review and improvement of systems and processes (both financial and operational)
- Corporation tax/ VAT/PAYE ensuring tax compliance in the UK and Germany
- Managing HR and legal issues as they arise
- All billing and credit control
- Acting as Company Secretary and ensuring all statutory filing/returns are made on a timely basis
- Being the initial point of contact with our auditors and professional advisors in Germany
There are no junior finance staff in the company so the role is wide ranging, hands on and will cover aspects of HR, company secretarial, property/office management and other ad hoc project work.
THE SUCCESFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for the role you must meet the following criteria:
- A qualified accountant.
- Previous experience in the B2B service industry (ideally recruitment or professional services).
- Hands on accounting experience fulfilling all aspects of a sole charge financial controller role.
- Ability to deal with general commercial issues in the business as they may arise.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.