Operational Risk Manager - 6 month contract
£70,000 - £75000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities and property, commercial, HNW, institutional and sovereign lending. The bank is now looking for an experienced individual who is capable and proven to work alone with the business areas and not afraid to challenge, as a significant member of the 2nd line of defence within the bank. Candidates with more than 6 weeks ability to start a new role will not be considered.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven track record in operational risk in a financial services environment.
- Practical experience in the application of the following key operational risk tools;
- Risk & control self-assessments (RCSA)
- Key risk indicators (KRIs)
- Risk event analysis; and
- Operational risk related issue management.
- Good knowledge of banking products, and of best practice around associated operations and controls
- Good knowledge of risk assessments processes, and process controls.
Desirable qualifications & experience
- Appropriate formal operational risk qualification.
- University degree (minimum UK 2:1 or equivalent).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong business skills, ability to optimize risks for competitive advantage.
- Structured thinking and analytical skills, and ability to express ideas succinctly.
- Competence with end-user computing tools including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Maintain and develop robust systems, controls and processes.
- Contribute positively to small, close risk function and establish good working relationships with relevant parties and colleagues.
Reporting to the Senior Operational Risk Manager (SORM), responsibilities include the following:
- Support the SORM in ensuring that the bank has the processes and skills in place to maintain a controlled operational risk environment.
- Work with all business and support areas to establish and embed a robust operational risk culture within the organization.
- Provide challenge, assessment, investigation, and guidance to enable the bank to better understand and track the operational risks to which it is exposed, and to advise and track activities to mitigate aspects of operational risk that exceed the bank's tolerance.
- Support the SORM in identifying and implementing solutions for operational risk management issues.
- Assist with the deployment of strategy and policies for operational risk and related boundary risks.
- Assist with the promotion of a culture of risk identification, awareness and reporting, and openness in reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements associated with operational risk management.