Relationship Manager - Commercial Real Estate
£60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
The bank is a fast growing London operation of an international banking group with global assets $50billion. The business comprises private banking, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. In the last few years they have been going through progressive upgrades of processes, procedures, controls, infrastructure and systems as London grows as an important business hub. They now have a new role within the commercial real estate, corporate banking department.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Real Estate, responsibilities include the following:
- Proactively support Head of Commercial Real Estate Finance to develop and manage on a day-to- day basis both potential new customer targets and existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets, in compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures, regulations and prevailing best practices
- Prepare credit applications and reviews for new/prospective customers and existing customer facilities (annual reviews) that adequately address relevant risk factors in the industry, market and business.
- Timely, accurate and rigorous written analysis of Commercial Real Estate credit applications in support of new transactions and annual reviews
- Manage the administrative aspects, documentation and regulatory/accounting issues pertaining to the sourcing, execution and ongoing monitoring of relationships and transactions, including managing the related requirements of the credit approval
- Handle KYC and account opening in respect of existing and new customer
- Deal with and resolve customer problems and requirements, in coordination with appropriate in house and external support functions, to ensure timely, friendly and accurate delivery of the Bank's products and services.
- Support the Head of Commercial Real Estate Finance in negotiating and documenting facilities for clients
- Assisting with the management of watch list and impaired credits
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Good university degree (minimum UK 2:1 or equivalent) and a minimum 3 years of credit analysis experience, primarily focused on UK Commercial Real Estate Finance to include: Hotels, Student Accommodation, Offices, Residential Portfolios, and Development Finance.
- Credit analysis skills
- Ability to adapt to working in a multi-cultural
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to
- Highly numerate with advanced financial analysis
- Highly skilled at spreadsheets; ideally with some financial modelling experience.
- Good awareness of market developments (including financial markets, industry sectors, macro-political and economic issues).
- High level of accuracy and attention to
- High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and withstand occasionally high-pressure demands.