Business Analyst (Operations)
£40,000 - £45,000
Reporting directly to the project manager, you'll be required to act as a business resource on projects, with the following objectives in mind:
- Ensure business requirements for change are defined and communicated, helping management define those requirements if new.
- Ensure my clients business requirements stay abreast of peer banks.
- Ensure the new projects, services and functions developed during change projects are successfully implemented so that benefits can be realised.
- Document business requirements for new products, services and functions using written word and other techniques as appropriate. Obtain approval from management and staff through reviews, workshop etc. as necessary.
- Ensure requirements stay abreast of the market through peer networking and attending industry briefings and conferences.
- Support suppliers (internal and external) when defining solutions to meet business requirements.
- carry out testing of new products, services and functions.
- Support user acceptance testing of through quality assurance to ensure new products, services and functions meet the requirements identified.
- Carry out training in new products, services and functions.
- Support business units in analysing impact on and updating SOPs in response to business change.
- Ensure smooth implantation of new products, services and functions by understanding the impact of the change and anticipating risks and issues.
- Build the library of templates for the BA process to align with end to end project delivery process also being developed.
- Implement and run a QA process to ensure outputs produced by other internal and vendor BAs meet internal quality standards.
- Analytical thinker.
- Exceptional time management, planning and organising skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of personnel, verbally and written, to internal and external parties.
- Highly motivated individual to get the job done.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree (Preferred but not essential).
- Minimum 4 years overall experience (preferably in Business Analyst function).
- Experience across end to end project lifecycle.
- Exposure to process re-engineering methods.
- Knowledge of banking business/product/operations and IT system development life cycle preferred
- Substantial percentage of experience obtained within financial services.
By applying to this job you are agreeing to our privacy notice which is freely available to view at: https://www.cameronkennedy.com/privacy