* Actively communicate with asset management clients regarding Investments' relationship, including attending client meetings (which may involve travelling to meeting locations).
* Seek to maintain high levels of satisfaction with Investments' services and address issues promptly.
* Engage in regular dialogue to ensure positive and productive client interaction encompassing new ideas where appropriate.
* Develop new business across s services from existing clients.
* Support the efforts across the UK & ME group to protect revenue and grow the business across a range of services.
* Client strategy and business planning to retain and build new revenue
* Lead and assist on project work to further develop business opportunities
* Assist the head of relationship management with team management, strategy and recruitment
* Develop the junior team members
* Act as a mentor to junior member of the team
Minimum qualifications Minimum experience University undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification / equivalent experience Other formal professional and / or technical qualifications / equivalent experience. CFA Charterholders will be preferred. Experience in the financial services/investment industry of which the majority of the experience will be in UK Pension Fund industry. Experience with managing clients. (Exceptional candidates with slightly less experience who can demonstrate they have the necessary skills for this job may also be considered.)
What knowledge, skills and abilities are necessary to perform this job in a satisfactory manner?
A close working knowledge of the practical needs and experiences of pensions, present and future, of the UK institutional marketplace.
Good knowledge and understanding of all major asset classes, with the ability to articulate investment processes knowledgeably and credibly.
Commitment to professional excellence and capable of exercising professional judgement.
A high degree of self-motivation is crucial, as is the ability to make an immediate impact both internally and externally.
The ability to communicate effectively and knowledgeably with both colleagues and prospective clients.
The depth, maturity and experience to use and adapt his/her influencing style to a diversity of internal and external audiences.
A naturally courteous and professional approach.
Ability to work under pressure, both within a team and working independently.