Company Secretary - Listed Funds
City of London
This is the London operation of a fund services group who provide high quality support services to both start-ups, new and larger and longer established fund structures. They work across a wide range of assets including real estate, debt, private equity, open-ended, alternative and London listed funds. They administer over £55 billion of assets for a range of institutions across 10 jurisdictions including the UK. They are now embarked on a period of further expansion in London and are looking for a high quality, ambitious individual who wants to progress within an organisation. This is a 12 month contract which is likely to go permanent.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience preferably with investment companies;
- ICSA qualified
- Investment trust experience is essential
Special Skills Required:
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative with a 'can do' mentality
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to time critical deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
The role will involve providing Company Secretarial services to a number of listed investment companies and other corporate entities. This is an interim role with the possibility of becoming permanent. The position is within a small team based in London. The individual performing this role will report, and be accountable, to the Senior Company Secretary. You will be covering 3 investment trust and one REIT and assist the rest of the investment team.
- Arranging client board & shareholder meetings;
- Preparation of board, audit and other committee packs for distribution in advance of meetings;
- Taking minutes at board, committee and shareholder meetings;
- Assisting with statutory filings on behalf of client entities;
- Maintaining & updating the fund system for client statutory matters;
- Maintenance of the statutory records of client entities.