|Location:||City of London, London|
Compliance & Legal
|Salary:||£65000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Benefits + Bonus|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Compliance Manager - Monitoring
£65000 - £70000 + Bonus + Benefits
London - City area
Established investment management group with a long history with AUM of over £30 bn. They currently focus on Equities, Derivatives and Multi-Asset solutions with institutional, wholesale and retail clients. They have a strong enterprising management with a dynamic team ethos.
Skills and experience required
- 4 years' minimum compliance experience in a regulated investment management environment (FCA preferred, but SEC and ASIC also considered). Experience of equities is preferred.
- A regulatory or risk background would be a considerable advantage, particularly knowledge of UCITS, MiFID II and EMIR.
- Solid experience in Compliance Monitoring.
- Prior exposure to Bloomberg terminals and an execution management system would be advantageous
- A confident and engaging personality with an initiative led approach to work.
The Compliance Manager's primary focus will initially be the Equity business area but they will be expected to work across the Group and as such develop the skills necessary to do so in providing compliance monitoring across the diverse areas of operation.
Compliance Monitoring Programme
Assisting the Compliance Team with implementing a risk-based Compliance Monitoring Programme; conducting the risk-based Compliance Monitoring Programme; conducting regular reviews of the Compliance Monitoring Programme and implementing any required revisions; working with various business areas to obtain required input and assistance with testing; reporting in respect of compliance monitoring outputs.
Compliance surveillance and regular monitoring
- Undertaking regular compliance monitoring checks in relation to (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Best execution (e.g. fair value pricing, transaction cost analysis); Conflicts of interest(e.g. personal account dealing, gifts and benefits); Anti-money laundering; Market abuse ; IMA investment restrictions
- Maintaining compliance registers and associated records (for example, breaches, complaints, gifts and entertainment, PA dealing); Working with the relevant business area(s) to resolve internal and external investment restriction breaches; Undertaking surveillance activity such as reviewing recorded telephone calls, reviewing trading patterns, attending high risk meetings with issuer management teams and reviewing records kept by Portfolio Managers; drafting and submitting UK and international shareholder disclosure notifications
- Drafting and submitting regulatory returns to the FCA via GABRIEL; drafting and submitting regulatory returns to the SEC and the Ontario Securities Commission; drafting and submitting Approved Persons applications to the FCA
Business relations and reporting
- Investigating and reporting compliance issues relevant to the business to the wider Compliance Team at team meetings and at monthly Compliance Committee meetings; communicating with and assisting all areas of the business, where required, on general compliance matters; assisting the wider Compliance Team with developing a positive working relationship with the business and a culture of compliance; working closely with the Operations Team on operational compliance matters such as trade and transaction reporting; working closely with the Dealing Team on compliance matters relating to execution (for example best execution, TCF, broker on-boarding and broker reviews)
- Assisting the wider Compliance Team with embedding compliance risk management processes, systems and controls across the Group
Record keeping and management information
- Preparing compliance related management information for board and risk committee papers; ensuring the accurate and complete record keeping of compliance related documentation
Policies and procedures
- Assisting with the design, implementation and periodic review of policies and procedures.