|Location:||Greater London, England|
|Salary:||£23000 - £28000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
£23,000 - £28,000 + Bonus + Bens
West Kent/Greater London
My client are a leading global provider of financial administration solutions. They are of Europe's leading asset servicing platforms, interacting with almost 6 million investors, administering and safeguarding £600 billion in assets across a number of highly regulated markets.
As the role holder you'll be responsible for dealing with all aspects of corporate actions processing, checking and reporting, including validating and providing analysis information for client companies and/or advisers as required. You'll be responsible for assisting the management of approximately five staff within a delivery team responsible for processing a large variety of corporate actions; ensuring deliverables are met and staffing needs attended to.
- Leading a team of up to five operational administrators responsible for processing the day-to-day tasks completed by the section.
- To support the smooth running and daily operation of the delivery team, ensuring that the required standards and deadlines are met and procedures followed, in order to achieve departmental objectives.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out by the required deadline, whether it be processing documents on a last day or, ensuring that entitlements are posted on the due date.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed in accordance with current Corporate Actions procedures.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Escalate problems to manager immediately upon discovery.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to the delivery team.
- Adopt a flexible approach in undertaking all aspects of work.
- Ensure that all work is processed in a timely manner, bearing in mind the published timetable for each event.
- Maintain a pro-active approach to training in order to meet personal/departmental training objectives.
- ensure monthly mandatory training is completed by the delivery team.
- Support other staff within the department in completion of their daily tasks.
- Undertake induction, training and monthly probation reviews for any new starters in the team.
- Undertake monthly one-to-one meetings and mid-year/annual appraisals with all direct reports, covering performance, development, progression and objectives.
- Ensure that the operational risks are recognised, managed and monitored for any new or existing Corporate Action business.
- Ensure that any incidents/breaches are escalated to line management immediately upon discovery, reported in accordance with laid down procedures and follow up with procedural changes or training as required.
- Support management with any designated projects.
- Manage the administration of the department effectively.
- Ensure all processing and administration within the department is completed as per (1) the agreed timescales and (2) in accordance with relevant departmental procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly, in accordance with Link's TCF Policy; and deputise for the other delivery supervisors/management when unavailable/out of the office/on annual leave.
The Ideal Candidate will have/be:
- GCSE's - Minimum 5 A to C's obtained including English & Maths.
- Good communication skills.
- Lead a team in a previous position.
- A flexible approach to working.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience working with Change.
- PC Literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access packages.
- Relevant business exams, such as IOC, ICSA or IAQ would be highly regarded.
- Previous experience in a similar operational supervisory/management role would be advantageous.
Sorry, this job is no longer available