Corporate Finance Manager
£50000 - £65000 + Benefits and Bonus
Cambridge , Cambs
Our client is a highly successful boutique SME corporate finance partnership specialising in the small to mid market, part of a larger organisation and network. They provide services covering disposals, acquisitions, MBO/MBI. Raising debt and equity finance, business valuation, due diligence and general advisory work including succession planning. They are a small dynamic and very actively busy team with a steady flow of clients and work gained via an extensive network, introductions, referrals and origination and recognised as a leading name in their field covering East Anglia.
Reporting to Partner, assisting in all aspects of technical transaction work.
- Participate in all activities of the corporate finance team.
- Supporting and leading assignments of all types including MBOs, MBIs, Acquisitions, Business Sales and Valuations.
- Planning, managing and conducting due diligence assignments.
- Leading and coaching junior staff on assignments as well as participating in performance appraisal scheme by helping to identify own and others' strengths, weaknesses and training needs.
- Strategically developing, marketing and growing the business in line with agreed strategy.
- Helping to initiate change and continuous improvement.
- Supporting the marketing and business development activities of the firm to include, speaking at events, networking, writing articles, drafting and presenting pitches, following up sales leads including cold and warm calling.
- Maintaining a contact base and an active profile on relevant social media.
- Undertake research both on a structured and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Contributes to ideas, is collaborative, collegiate and enjoys brainstorming.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant, MBA, or CFA with strong academic and professional track record.
- Has a good understanding of corporate finance processes and a good awareness of the key tax issues relating to corporate finance work.
- Strong Excel skills including financial modelling capability.
- Good organisational skills, project management skills and time management skills.
- A self-starter - active and productive and able to work effectively on their own when required.
- Highly motivated team player, social, able and willing to learn.
- Possesses business development/client care skills.