Deputy Company Secretary
£80,000 - £95,000 + Bonus + Full Benefits Package
City of London
They are a highly regarded mid-size investment bank with over 250 employees providing a wide range of services within Equity Capital Markets. They have a commercial culture but are also collegiate and promote excellence in everything they do. Their employees enjoy working there and work as a large team with common objectives.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Graduate educated with relevant company secretarial qualifications and experience gained within a regulated financial services environment;
- Previous Listed Company Secretarial experience required;
- Proactive, self-starter and ability to work independently;
- Effective communicator, able to work with senior executives;
- Excellent time management skills /ability to work to deadlines;
- Strong minute taking skills and also strong attention to detail;
- Analytical and numerical skills as well as well as high level computer literacy, particularly Excel;
- Effective project management and multi-tasking skills;
- Experience with Blueprint, the Company Secretarial software, and board portal software desirable (Board Intelligence);
- Experience of management of equity schemes and also LLP structures an advantage;
- Sound grasp of corporate governance issues;
Reporting to the Company Secretary, you will support the Company Secretary in providing Company Secretarial services to the corporate group holding company and group companies as well as liaising with Non-Executives and senior managers of the company across a number of departments. The role includes the following:
- To maintain relevant statutory documentation and registers for the group and ensure copies of company forms which have been submitted to Companies House (incl. Confirmation Statements) are retained;
- To make returns to the Registrar of Companies as required and ensure that details of the group held at Companies House are up to date.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in the organisation of, preparation for and minute taking of Board and Committee meetings. This includes organising the schedule of meetings for the various governance meetings each year, drafting and agreeing agendas for the various meetings and the follow up of action points after the meetings.
- Assisting the Company Secretary with ensuring that policies are kept up to date and approved by the committees.
- Contributing to meeting discussions, and when required advising members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies.
- Collation of Board and Committee meeting packs (including liaising with internal and external pack contributors) and distribution via a board pack portal.
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, communicating decisions to relevant stakeholders.
- Organisation of the Board training schedule and assisting with the induction of new Board members.
- Assisting with the custodianship of the corporate governance framework, overseeing its correct functioning and input on its evaluation.
- Providing information to the external investor group.
- Maintaining share and equity scheme registers and monitoring and recording changes in equity ownership.
- Assisting the Company Secretary with ad hoc requests (such as internal and external audit queries).
- Assisting with the payment of dividends and the operation of share schemes.