Equity Analyst - Small / Mid Cap
£60000 - £65000 + good bonus possibility + benefits
They are an independent, long established investment and wealth management firm with a strong reputation. They are highly regarded within the industry, having won many awards and have an excellent brand and client loyalty as well as strong plans to expand their client base. Due to business expansion, they are looking for an additional Equity Analyst to work within one of the specific funds which focusses on UK small / mid cap but also invests in some large cap FTSE stocks. This role will suit someone who is capable of working within a small team and also autonomously. You must have a passion for equity investment, sectors and stock picking and follow a growth philosophy (rather than value). The culture of the business is highly collegiate offering a work life balance. Within the team, debate on stock selection is lively and team work is central to the team's success within the business and the success of the fund. In terms of progression, there is opportunity to become the Assistant Manager of the Fund.
Reporting to the Manager of the Fund, you need to be able to work autonomously and take early responsibility. The role includes the following:
- Dedicated analyst on a unit trust product with a growth style, providing in depth stock-specific analysis across FTSE All-Share and AIM indices.
- Idea generation and ongoing monitoring of existing investments.
- Arrange and conduct meetings with company management, alone and as part of a small team.
- Build relationships with external brokers and research providers.
- Provide written and verbal equity reports for the unit trust team, and on an ad hoc basis for the wider private client business.
- Assist with the production of marketing materials, communicate stock selection rationale to clients and ratings agencies eventually.
- Assist in marketing the fund
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- At least 5 years previous experience working in an equity research role, on buy or sell side focussing on UK small / mid cap stocks
- Small/mid cap and IPO experience essential;
- The ability to work unsupervised and be a conscientious team player
- Have the IMC and CFA qualification or be part CFA qualified (or equivalent);
- Strong Excel and Bloomberg understanding, Factset experience useful but not essential;
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy.