£70,000 - £100,000 (Dependant on experience) + bonus (to 50%) plus benefits
City of London
They are a growing proprietary trading firm who have a scientific approach, and use innovative technology focussing primarily on equities and equity derivatives, with over 300 people in New York, Hong Kong & London. They have expanded rapidly in the last few years, attracting very high quality people who form a collegiate and entrepreneurial culture. They have an open, informal and fun environment and operate a dress down policy. Learning from experienced individuals including front office and the programmers, quants and other key people mentoring, informal meetings and active discussion are all part of the culture. An ambitious person can have an excellent career there with opportunity for progression within an intense and fast-paced work environment.
This role involves working, in conjunction with the accounting teams both in the UK and globally. You will work closely with the other team members in a collaborative manner to ensure that the group's goals are met. The right candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter who is willing to get involved and enjoys working in an intense and fast-paced work environment. Working within the UK finance function of 5 and reporting to the UK Head of Finance, the role is detail orientated and involves working, in conjunction with the accounting team on the following:
- Maintaining the businesses books and records.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Involved in accounting policy decisions, UK GAAP interpretations, and will work closely with the outside auditors and advisors.
- Preparation of VAT and corporate tax returns
- Interface with other groups within the firm to ensure processes are maintained through changes in infrastructure.
- Take part in weekly meetings with USA and Hong Kong offices.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Fully qualified, ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or exceptional part - qualified) with 6 - 15 years accounting experience
- Ideally educated to degree level
- IT - Must have strong in-depth experience on MS Excel ideally to macro level. VBA skills useful but not essential
- Must have a financial services background - ideally from a Broker Dealer, Trading company, Hedge Fund, smaller investment firm or an investment bank trading business.
- Must have strong Financial Reporting skills
- Excellent understanding of accounting standards IFRS and UK GAAP- run GAAP process.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and to work effectively in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Positive, professional attitude and presence
- Reliable, courteous and flexible team player