Accountancy and Finance
|Salary:||£400 per day|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
The business establishes and manages fully discretionary real estate Funds on behalf of major institutional investors for around the world, with an opportunistic high return investment strategy.
The role is a varied role, with a primary responsibility for the smooth financial operation of the business, the fund manager (including the Partners' personal tax requirements), with secondary responsibilities for certain (sometimes UK) fund investments. Reporting into the CFO and the Partners.
Partner's personal tax
Supporting the Partners in ensuring they meet their tax filing requirements in both the US and UK, and ensuring the quality of the returns submitted. This includes:
- Close interaction with the Partners and tax advisors to analyse potential tax liabilities between the US and UK tax regimes.
- Regular contact with the tax advisors to ensure they are aware of what is happening in the business, to flag early any tax implications and then act accordingly
- Sourcing from the Partners their personal tax information for inclusion in their tax returns
- Reviewing the tax returns with both the Partner's and their tax advisors
- Forecasting profits to provide the basis for payments on account in both the US and UK
Business plan and cash management
Working with the Partners to build and maintain the company's Business Plan. This includes:
- Agreeing the key inputs for the business plan with the Partners
- Forecasting business profits, taxes, required investment, cash flow (business and co-investment in the funds) and costs
- Agreeing the distributions to be made to the Partners, preparing draft distribution notices and overseeing the payment of distributions to Partners
- Agreeing the capital contributions required and drafting contribution notices
- Preparing a weekly cash report for the CFO and partners
- Overseeing the payment process
- Agreeing hedging strategies for the fund manager (who receives EURO denominated management fees and has significant GBP expenses) and executing trades.
Accounting and Audit
Responsible for oversight of the accounts preparation for entities located in UK, Jersey and Luxembourg (those related to the incentive structure) and the audit process. This includes:
- Managing the relationship with the auditors and third party accountants
- Ensuring the quality of the accounts / reporting packs provided by the service providers
- Dealing with and closing out of audit issues promptly
- Ensuring all reporting / audit deadlines are met and
- Negotiating fees with all parties.
Tax compliance: corporation tax; VAT; CIS; capital allowances; and income tax (NRLS)
Ensuring that all the company/partnership tax filing requirements are met. This includes:
- Maintaining a schedule of all deadlines
- Being the key contact person for the service providers
- Overseeing the preparation of the tax returns and quality assurance
- Dealing with HMRC investigations and ad hoc queries.
Supporting the Chief Compliance Officer in meeting all regulatory deadlines and maintaining an appropriate control environment for an FCA regulated business. This includes the following:
- FCA reporting - oversight of the third party service providers who prepare the reporting; thorough review of the reporting; and submission of the FCA reporting via Gabriel
- AIFMD reporting - preparing and submission of the AIFMD reporting
- Quarterly compliance meetings - being an active member of the meeting and highlighting areas of risks or regulatory changes/amendments
- Compliance control environment - review and update the annual FCA reports for: MLRO; SYCC; and Compliance Manual.
Team Incentive Programme
Managing the operation of the incentive / carried interest programmes for the company's team members - this includes:
- Preparing documentation to enable executives to enter and exit the incentive schemes
- Involvement in developing the tax strategy and implementing the tax planning
- Overseeing the payments to executives and managing the bank accounts.
To ensure that the business is aware of its responsibilities under the above legislation and implement robust reporting processes. This includes:
- Being the main point of contact for third party service providers;
- Ensuring that the investor relations team are aware of the business requirements for KYC / tax residence information
- Analysis of company entities to establish whether they are in scope of any of the above noted regimes
- Preparation of the reporting to the various tax authorities in domiciles where the company's entities are located
- Oversight of the submission process to the above mentioned tax authorities.
- Multi-discipline experience: tax and accounting.
- In the region of +7 years work experience.
- Experience in working with either private equity or real estate fund management.
- Strong communication skills and is able to work with people at all levels and from different disciplines.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Numerate, articulate and able to problem solve.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Group Financial Controller
Location: Hampshire, England
Salary: £65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Salary: Up to £45000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Financial Planning & Forecasting
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + + Benefits
Location: London, England
Salary: £34000 - £37000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits + Study Package
Senior Analyst - Finance Systems & MI
Location: London, England
Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits