My client is a leading global financial services provider based in Canary Warf. They are seeking a bright, motivated individual to join their insurance team as a FUND ACCOUNTANT. Excellent work environment and flexible hours! Contract role has a possibility of becoming permanent based on preferance and performance. Accounting Qualifications are not a requirement. Middle Office and reconcilliations experience desirable!
- To be responsible for the delivery and reconciliation of the Data Warehouse files for London Insurance Clients
- To assist the Manager in the management and implementation of all projects relating to London Insurance Clients
- Work with IT to document/design/build/test and deploy new client and internally requested developments
- Act as a help point for the support and issue resolution of ad hoc queries from the clients and Centres of Excellence
- Ensure that clear guidelines and procedures are in place for new developments/processes created.
- Excellent skills in using Microsoft office software, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Excel is the main focus, candidates must be able to build formulas/ Pivot tables and Macros are "nice to have", although not essential.
- Ability to quickly pick up systems used, which are MCH and Livewire (similar to Hi Portfolio).
- Administration experience essential, preferably at a large financial institution and with experience of training/ supervising staff on a day to day level
- The person hired will be responsible for developing spread sheets and conducting daily reconciliations, so previous experience in this area is desirable.
- Candidates will ideally have middle office or possibly some accounting experience (within FS), they must have an understanding of assets e.g. swaps, equities, bonds etc. to fulfil the role.