Fund Financial Reporting Analyst
£50,000 - £70,000 dependent on experience+ bonus + benefits
They are a dynamic investment management group with over £350 billion under management. They have a fund accounting team of 30 people who oversee a range of funds including OEICs, Unit Trusts, Dublin ICVCs, SICAVs and Hedge Funds domiciled in London, Cayman and Luxembourg.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Fund accounting experience required. Account preparation under UK GAAP and the IA SORP required. (and Irish GAAP useful) within asset management or audit ideally (not private equity/property background) - 2 years experience plus in this area
- Education to Degree level preferable and ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified or part qualified an advantage
- Industry qualification e.g. IAQ, IMC, CFA an advantage
- Up to date technical knowledge of UK fund environment and regulations
- Basic understanding of investment markets, funds and products
- Strong analytical skills and analyses numerical data and other sources of information, understands component parts, patterns and relationships
- Good interpersonal and communication skills needed to easily establishes good relationships with TPAs, Auditors and senior stakeholders,
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a wider team.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, as part of a small team you will be responsible for working with the TPAs, auditors and the wider business to oversee the financial reporting process for the European open ended fund ranges, including funds in Luxembourg, Ireland and the UK. You will need to ensure up to date knowledge of regulatory, industry and accounting requirements and good relationship skills for interaction with a number of parties. This is a hands on role where you have lot of responsibility. You will be:
- Overseeing the production of financial statements to set timetable, manage issues arising and escalate as necessary
- Performing analytical reviews and proof reading of financial statements, ensuring disclosures to meet Accounting Standards, local regulations and EU Directives are adhered to. Provide the Financial Reporting team 'sign off'.
- Coordinating and manage the review process with the Directors of each fund range. Be the primary contact for resolution and management of any queries raised by Board members.
- Managing TPAs, Trustee / Depositary to ensure the service meets the service levels agreed. Work with the outside parties to develop and improve process and efficiency. Prepare management information to measure TPA performance against agreed service levels and key performance indicators.
- Managing the audit relationship, focusing on the resolution of audit queries related to the Investment Manager, completion of the ISA260 reports, preventative and corrective actions are implemented for any audit control points.
- Working group participation on projects, which are driven by regulation, internal parties or TPA
- Completing other allocated tasks, such as Distribution rate review, specific Client Reporting and closed fund balance sheet review
- Working with the team to develop and improve internal processes
- Ensuring that any changes to regulations and requirements are understood and manage the implementation of these changes with the administrators
- Collaborate with other team members to assist in the Financial Reporting process for Hedge Funds and Investment Trusts.