Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£70000 - £71000 per annum + BENS|
|Duration:||6 - 9 months|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: CFO
- Preparation of Consolidations and of quarterly management accounts for the Board, comprising 13 main UK entities and 3 overseas operations.
- Production of financial statements for UK companies, including supporting audit schedules, working closely with the companies auditors to ensure accounts are signed on time.
- Production of UK corporation tax computations.
- Production of UK VAT return.
- Responsibility for the accounting and reporting of the firm's own investments, including reconciliation of group co-investment into Doughty Hanson Funds and additional holdings, including acquisitions, disposals and valuation of co-investments.
- Responsible for annual budgets for the company and providing information for the business Long Term Forecast.
- Treasury management - oversight of cashbooks, weekly cash reporting and ensuring suitable liquidity is available.
- Maintenance of the firm's banking requirements.
- Liaise with Compliance Officer over compliance testing and other requirements for ongoing regulatory compliance program and various FCA filings.
- Manage an accounts assistant, managing their workload, setting objectives, reviewing their work and dealing with personnel issues as they arise.
- Other ad hoc duties/projects as required.
Experience / Qualifications
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified (typically 5 years +)
- Experience working at Financial Controller level
- Financial Services / Asset Management experience desirable, but not essential