Internal Audit Director
£75,000 - £85,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
Who They Are
They are a specialist life insurance group based in London with a strong brand name and a reputation for success. They are very profitable. They have a strong collegiate environment and although very commercial, is a place where employees enjoy working. They also offer excellent career opportunities and are supportive.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit who is based in London, you will have one direct report and will assist / lead internal audits as well as assisting with devising audit plans. The role is a "hands on" role working within a small team. Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be needed as part of the role will be to ongoing maintaining effective working relationships with operational management, the Boards including non-executive directors, corporate audit staff and external auditors. The role will require you attending management meetings and communication on an ad hoc basis and regarding specific audits. Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing/ leading internal audits / reviews and special projects as planned or assigned. This will cover all operations within the business and include providing appropriate reports to management. Reports will highlight any deficiencies in the design or implementation of controls and include recommendations, remediation tracking and appropriate detail for Management and the Boards.
- Assisting the Group Chief Auditor and Head of Internal Audit in devising short and long term internal audit plans for approval by Management and the Boards and which will be updated annually and subject to change based on business or dynamic factors. Your support will be required in the overall execution of the audit plan.
- Assisting with MI reporting for internal audit.
- Assisting in ensuring control weakness monitoring and remediation plans identified by both internal and external reviews/audits.
- Assisting in projects conducted by Group Corporate Audit department where they may affect audit procedures or reporting.
- In accordance with guidance and direction from the Internal Audit Department, you will provide oversight in the execution of the company's SOX initiative. This will include reviewing the controls testing performed, and ensuring that any deficiencies are identified and communicated to the Chief Financial Officer.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant with minimum 5 years PQE and familiarity with accounting processes and standards in insurance.
- Previous / current experience in audit for insurance or re-insurance companies.
- Self-starter and highly motivated with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including strong report writing skills.
- Takes responsibility for quality, completeness, efficiency and accuracy of work.
- Shows initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness as well as presence and authority in meetings. Able to identify and recommend solutions to critical issues.
- Experience in auditing IT systems, networks and end user applications would also be beneficial.
- Demonstrates good technical skills and an appreciation of current issues affecting their profession and the life reinsurance industry.
- Ability to challenge methodologies, processes and/or controls in place or that proposed as remediation action.