|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£30000 - £38500 per annum + Benefits|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
Internal Auditor - EMEA
£30,000 - £38,500 + Benefits
They are a world leading and growing, international, consumer financial services and business management advisory company with locations globally. If you are a talented professional, looking for a challenging and interesting role and want to take responsibilities and use your initiative, and want to gain exposure across different risks and countries and circa 20% travel, then this what you are looking for. Previous financial services experience is not required
Reporting to the internal audit management and will assist corporate audit service whilst conducting reports, business process, operational, financial, compliance audits in addition to other corporate audit plans and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with other departments and under direction of management and will be responsible for timely execution of risk based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan and other audit matters and projects. The role will also comprise of identifying areas of risk within the business environment and assess the adequacy of internal controls mitigating those risks. Having an excellent working relationship with the key stakeholders in the organisation will be crucial:
- Conduct risk assessments of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline.
- Establish risk-based audit programs in conjunction with Audit Manager and/or Auditor in Charge.
- Review suitability of internal control design.
- Develop and perform internal audit testing procedures and processes while working on multiple projects.
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, findings to Senior Management and draft comprehensive and complete report of audit area.
- Knowledge of internal audit process including planning, control evaluation, testing methodologies and reporting of findings.
Who they are looking for
This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably driven individual with strong audit experience will need:
- Qualified or Part Qualified Internal Auditor (PIIA) or Accountant (ACA, ACCA AAT, CIMA)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or technology related field
- At least 2 years of Internal Audit, Compliance, or Risk Management experience
- Knowledge of internal controls and industry best practices
- Flexibility to work across functions, able to identify and address audit needs
- Excellent analytical, organization and multitasking skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, collaborating with both colleagues and external consultants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a flexible environment and work well under pressure and within short deadlines.
- Some domestic & international travel (20%).
- Familiarity with SOX requirements would be beneficial (but not essential).
- Knowledge of data mining tools such as ACL, Idea, SQL or MS Access.
- Knowledge of regulations, e.g. FCA, CFBP, HIPAA, PCI, GBLA.
Sorry, this job is no longer available