£ 45,000 - £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City - London
They are an independent, long established investment and wealth management firm and are highly regarded within the industry. Having won many awards, they also have an excellent brand and client loyalty as well as strong plans to expand their client base. Due to business expansion and internal promotions, they are looking for an Investment Manager who will manage up to £25 million of client monies. The culture of the business is highly collegiate offering a good work life balance.
You will assist the Investment Director in the care of client portfolios, and to manage select portfolios personally. You will also develop investment business. The accountabilities include:
- Work as part of a team, sharing information and ideas, monitoring and assessing investment data, taking appropriate action as required.
- Manage, on an individual and shared basis, client portfolios, reviewing their performance and investing funds as appropriate to generate required income.
- Advise and liaise personally with clients, ensuring that all clients receive valuations and performance measures of their portfolios
- Maintain and develop good relationships with brokers, professional advisers and other relevant organisations, carrying out desk research as necessary to ensure that investment and technical knowledge is maintained. This includes maintaining up to date knowledge of and adherence to current regulatory requirements.
- Work as part of an Investment team supporting them in administrative matters, sharing information and ideas.
- Building improved contacts with clients and professional advisers in order to develop new business.
- Communicate effectively with the Investment Administration team to action or resolve client related matters.
- Report to Senior Management any concerns relating to improper business practice, e.g. insider dealing, market manipulation, money laundering etc.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the continuing professional development of oneself and of the team.
- Contribute towards the continuing development of the Group by participating in projects, committees and other activities as requested from time to time.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 2-3 years previous experience within the wealth management or private client industry
- Experience of either assisting in or actually managing private client money
- FCA recognised qualification to advise and deal in securities managing investments
- Understanding of financial markets and in depth knowledge of ISA and CGT is required;
- Multi-asset experience and ability to construct, de-construct and rebalance portfolios in accordance with client's underlying investment objectives and risk profile;
- Self-motivated, ambitious, decisive, team player with first-rate people skills;
- Strong communication skills.