|Salary:||£60000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Investment Risk Manager
£60000 + £80000 + Bonus + Benefits
Global asset manager with over $200bn AUM with offices throughout the world. They are known as a premier player with an outstanding reputation.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Extensive experience within the asset management industry or investment banking and an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of the funds industry, both on regulated unitised funds and unregulated separately managed client mandates.
- Knowledge of both single and multi-asset investment strategies as well as an in-depth knowledge of the instruments used with the asset allocation.
- Experience of monitoring derivatives across both Front Office and Middle Office perspective.
- A broad understanding of financial markets, their drivers and key risks and how these translate on to the portfolios themselves.
- Understanding key risk management techniques including; exposures, leverage, volatility, Value at Risk stress testing, liquidity monitoring, regulatory frameworks.
- Working knowledge of more complex risk management techniques including: modelling of derivatives such as CDS's, options, futures.
- Working knowledge of industry leading risk and performance systems including Barclays Point, Bloomberg PORT, Factset MSCI Barra One.
Working as part of a small team based in the London office, you will lead the Investment Risk function for UK managed funds. This role will suit someone who wants to develop and enhance the existing investment risk management framework and will actively deliver change with the Fund Managers.
- They have a strong team ethos and the individual will be expected to support the performance team during peak periods and specific support.
- You will provide independent oversight and challenge across all approximately 30 UK managed funds; the larger proportion of which is Fixed Income with some established Equity and Credit funds.
- At present derivatives are not used extensively across portfolios but this is changing going forward and you will be expected to get involved in the investment risk surrounding them.
- One of the initial tasks will be to work with global team to implement changes to the current investment risk systems used. This will involve testing, implementation and running of investment risk and attribution software.
- Comprehensive, detailed analysis and review of all EMEA funds and accounts to ensure they are run in line with regulatory and mandate constraints from both a performance and risk stand point.
- Improve the quality and depth of equity and fixed income monthly risk and performance investment review meetings by adding value added analysis such as portfolio style tilts, fundamental risk analysis, scenario analysis and equity ranking tool analysis.
- Work with the Fund Managers during regular meetings to discuss Risk Management within the portfolio.
- Provide technical expertise in respect of Investment Risk to ensure all necessary analytics are produced including but not limited to: Risk profiling of funds prior to launch, Value at Risk calculations, Stress Testing, Leverage and exposure calculations, working knowledge of OTC derivatives across equity and Fixed Income, comprehensive understanding of cash settled products as well as exchange traded derivatives.
- Provide oversight on the supervisory documents on the Risk and Performance platform, including the Risk Management Process (RMP), the Key Investor Information Documentation (KIID), the Risk Profiling Document, and the policies and procedures by which the function operates.
- Provide a supervisory role with regard to credit and counterparty monitoring, ensuring UCITS rules are adhered to as well as identifying weak or failing credits to mitigate loss where necessary.
- Provide detailed insight into and develop the Counterparty Risk monitoring framework, including setting appropriate risk tolerance, monitoring and escalation procedures.
- Review and Develop the Liquidity Risk Framework for funds and implement liquidity risk infrastructure and reporting tools for all funds.
- Actively develop and enhance the Investment Risk Infrastructure to ensure market practices, standards and competencies are followed and a best of breed investment risk framework is followed.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Location: London, England
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Business Finance Manager
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £70000 - £76000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum + Good commission + Benefits