Manager - Financial Control
£70000 - £80000 + Excellent benefits + Bonus
12 month fixed term contract within a well-known and strongly established banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and is a highly collegiate environment. Apart from a good working environment you will also get a work life balance in an interesting role and get to see the whole of the banks business operations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION NEEDED
- Qualified accountant with financial control experience within the banking industry
- Strong working knowledge of Sun Accounts or equivalent GL package.
- Good financial analysis and reporting skills and able to work to tight deadlines.
- A good understanding of accounting standards (FRS 102 preferable)
- Demonstrable financial analysis and reporting skills
- MS Office and detailed knowledge of MS Excel, Q&A (Vision) and MS Outlook
- Reconciliation experience (use of Nostro Reconciliation software, ideal).
- Building effective working relationships with the key stakeholders, understanding their expectations and striving to exceed those expectations will be important success factors in this role.
- Ownership of Month end financial control process including complete and accurate reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- Management, oversight and development of the Accounts Payable function including development of accounting and control assistant;
- Control of Operational account administration and monitoring across the business;
- Reconciliation and maintenance of GL systems and the Fixed Asset Register and coordinate the monthly balance sheet reconciliation as well as for monthly payroll journals;
- Headcount FTE forecasting and reporting;
- Finance business partner for all support cost centres (except Digital & Technology and Change) supporting the budget holders with regular cost forecasts, budgets and strategic plans;
- VAT return preparation and reconciliation;
- Infor BI system maintenance and administration;
- Daily Payment Control posting and reconciliation;
- Oversight of the Sports and Social Club accounts including the production of management accounts;
- Ad hoc tasks as directed;
- Vacation/Sickness Project and Costs Accountant cover.