|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£27500 - £38500 per annum + Study Support + Excellent Benefits|
|Job Published:||almost 5 years ago|
Accountant - Private Equity (various positions)
£27,500 - £38,500 + Excellent Benefits + Study Support
City of London
Part-Qualified ACCA/ACA (F3 Level - Affiliate Level)
You may think "I do not have any private equity experience or I know nothing about financial services". But that would be irrelevant to this expanding company. They employ bright part-qualified to Affiliate level ACCA's/ACA's who understand and appreciate the meaning of the words "service", "delivery" and "professionalism" and who wish to work within a vibrant, fast paced and busy environment.
With this company, you will pick up new skills and knowledge and gain exposure to private equity investment life cycle, from those within their period of capital-raising to others within their divestment phase. As such, they are interested in candidates from any industry background provided they meet the minimum criteria set out below. Full training and support is provided. If you wish to apply, please send a full CV (to include full academic background and grades obtained) with an idea of your current salary and notice period.
They are a growing international financial services company that provides services to private equity and real estate private equity firms across the globe. They have offices in over 10 international locations and work for over 300 funds across over 30 countries. They are a truly international company and offer excellent career development prospects.
The role is varied and will include:
- Assisting in the preparation and completion process of quarterly and yearly financial statements with disclosures and other ad hoc financial information
- Preparation and delivery of administration tasks (such as fund drawdowns and distributions) and investors communications
- Ensure accurate recording of information between different fund vehicles.
- Ensure fund bank accounts and intercompany accounts are reconciled on a continuous basis.
- Work closely with the technical team to ensure financial statements meet the funds reporting requirements of UK GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS and LPA GAAP.
- Review drawdown and equalisation calculations to ensure the accuracy of figures, as funds seek access to their commitments.
- Review distribution calculations, ensuring the flow of funds from investment sales are accurately recorded right through to fund partner payments.
- Ensure the correct and timely recording of fund management fees and contribute ideas to improve processes (gain efficiencies or reduce risk)
- Prepare partner statements for the correct accounting of equity held within each reportable fund.
- Ensure the accurate communication of all fund movements between the fund and its partners, through the issuance of relevant fund notices.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for review and respond to client and investor queries
- Oversee processing of financial information of junior team members and provide job training/mentoring where required.
Criteria they are looking for:
- University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or other demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy
- Part qualified (having successfully completed at least 2 ACCA/ACA level exams) or up to affiliate level
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Good working knowledge of double entry accounting as well as experience of preparing or assisting in preparing statutory accounts (UK/US GAAP or IFRS)
- Fully or part qualified AAT preferable
- Deadline driven with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and up to senior Level.
Sorry, this job is no longer available