Regulatory Reporting Accountant
£55,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a leading independent integrated investment banking and corporate advisory firm with a strong client base and reputation. They focus on mid/ small-cap UK equities. They service both UK and overseas institutions. They have a strong employee philosophy which encourages continuity. Good career opportunities are available.
Joining a vibrant, small finance team (8) has many benefits. You tend to see the whole of the business, have closer relationships with the business and often your role provides valuable insights. You also get greater responsibility and, therefore, accountability too. The Finance department is responsible for Financial, Management, Treasury and Regulatory Capital/Liquidity Reporting. This role is principally responsible for the maintenance and production of prudential risk reporting and the monitoring of regulatory capital and liquidity exposures. The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Monitor daily exposures and capital adequacy ratios, including reconciliations.
- Maintain of regulatory reporting static data, mappings and collective investment underlying instruments.
- Produce monthly capital adequacy management reporting.
- Produce monthly IRR submissions.
- Produce quarterly COREP submissions.
- Support the annual Pillar 3 disclosures.
- Support the scenario modelling and stress testing for the ICAAP, ILAA, Recovery and Wind-down Plans.
- Deal with ad hoc queries, reporting and project work.
- Provide daily monitoring cover for the Treasury Accountant.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
In order to be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Part or preferably fully Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA with good academics;
- Regulatory reporting experience and understanding of financial products.
- Financial services background
- Competent use of MS Excel required. Experience of MS Access, VBA very useful but not essential.
- Motivated, entrepreneurial nature demonstrating initiative.
- Excellent and demonstrable analytical and numerical skills. Able to deal with large data sets.
- Adaptable to different tasks and projects.
- Willing to take ownership of daily/monthly process.
- Strong communication skills and a team player