Senior Analyst - Emerging Markets Manager Research
To £110000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a global financial services group who provides multi-asset investing solutions and services to institutional clients, and via financial advisors and banks, to individuals. They are famed for their positioning within manager-of-managers investment funds and index funds.
Reporting to the Head of the Emerging Markets research team within the Investment Division, you will be working closely with other research team members of the Emerging Markets equity manager research team. The research team provides investment recommendations to emerging markets and multi-manager funds as well as to investment consulting clients. The role includes the following:
- Analyse and rate investment managers across various investment styles and accountable for the investment performance basis over a rolling one and three year period.
- Investment manager analysis encompasses output from analytical tools and information gained from conducting meetings with various investment staff.
- Communicate conditions/risks/opportunities within the equity market as well as opinions on investment managers to the EM portfolio management team.
- Provide to investment consulting clients and portfolio managers detailed high quality and understandable written manager research analysis
- Develop investment analysis relevant to members of the Emerging Markets equity team while providing useful feedback and participating in discussions regarding analysis produced by other members of the team
- Contribute to the manager research initiatives both quantitatively and qualitatively helping to improve manager research within the team.
- Contribute to broader Investment Division initiatives that involve colleagues outside of the Emerging Markets equity research team.
- Contribute to the firms client service, marketing, and/or public relations.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for the role you must meet the following criteria:
- CFA qualified with a minimum 5+ years' experience within the money management or investment consulting industries AND Manager Research experience in Emerging Market Equities.
- Ability to interview others and form critical judgments based on qualitative and quantitative factors.
- Knowledge of key equity portfolio characteristics and active equity investment strategies and use of statistics from the perspective of an investment professional.
- Understanding of finance and contemporary investment management concepts.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to function in a collaborative team environment where workload and ideas are shared broadly.
- Experience with investment analytics systems (FactSet and eVestment) is a plus.